The Journey to Self through SoulCollage®

The Ego, Jung tells us, is that part of the pyche that we think of as 'I'. Our conscious intelligence. Our everyday brain that thinks, plans and runs the show of our day-to-day life. The Self, as Jung defined it, is a greater entity, which includes the Ego but also incorporates the Personal and Collective Unconscious. Dreams and intuitions come from the Self. The archetypes of the unconscious dwell there. It is, Jung believed, the sphere of the Soul ~~Steven Pressfield. 'The War of Art'

"I would love to live like a river flows,
 carried by the surprise
 of its own unfolding".

 ~ ~John O'Donohue


Friday, May 25, 2012

Catch-up

Once again, I'm playing catch-up. I've decided I'm not such a great blogger.  So many other exciting things to do here in Brisbane!

My trip to Cairns in March to co-facilitate the 'Processing Trauma through SoulCollage®' two-day training with Dr. Greta Galloway from Alan Webster Consultancies was a wonderful experience, and my thanks go to Greta and Alan for their great hospitality, and also for giving me the opportunity to present SoulCollage® to professionals working with trauma clients. It was lovely to meet the participants and I hope they enjoyed their SoulCollage® experience and will find it a useful tool in their work. I certainly got a lot out of Greta's very professional presentation on trauma on the first day.

Last weekend I travelled to Inverell in northern NSW to run an introductory SoulCollage® workshop at the Inverell Art Gallery. It was great to be back in the country. I grew up on a property near Bellata, between Narrabri and Moree, so I always love the opportunity to get back to my roots.  Thanks to Jo Williams from the gallery, and to Carolyn McCosker and Lynn Lennon, for helping with publicising the event. Also, to my friend, Lainie Jubb, who travelled down with me, my thanks for your help in setting up, and to all those kind souls, including Lainie and my friend Roie, who stayed back to help pack up at the end of the day.  We had 12 participants, several of whom are counsellors, and it was a lovely group.  A great bonus of being in the art gallery was being surrounded by all that lovely art in the workshop space! I hope everyone enjoyed their day as much as I did. It would be wonderful if someone from the group could take the initiative to start up a card-making group down there. Making cards in community is such a lovely thing to do and provides a great opportunity to have people scribe for us and to share our cards and our experiences of making and dialoguing with them.  

My next introductory workshop is in Brisbane on Saturday June 16th. Go here for more information. 


   


No comments: